N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SS14089630
Thirteenth-century priory church. Restored 1897-99 at the expense of the Revd William Done Bushell, a master at Harrow School, who purchased the island in 1897. He sold it to the Benedictines in 1906.
| St Illtud |
artist: Theodore Baily
Priory Church of St Mary and St Illtyd, Caldey Island
south wall of the nave